Friday, November 02, 2007

March

We went to Philadelphia for my conference. It was a great time, and the first time either of us had been there. We had good weather at first, so we walked to ChinaTown and ended up eating Malaysian food (another first). While were there VCU played Duke (and beat) in the first round of the NCAA Tourney. The next morning was my talk and VCU was on the cover of the USA Today that everyone at the hotel got outside their door. I started my talk by saying I was from VCU-you know, the school on the front page of USA Today? No one laughed or cracked a smile. Tough crowd.

It snowed after that but that didn't slow us down. We saw the traveling King Tut exhibit and went to the Museum of Fine Arts like Rocky. A kind Philadelphian sang the "Rocky song" the whole way as we ran up the steps. I guess it's the City of Brotherly Love after all.

Here are some pics.

The Liberty Bell









Independence Hall


(This is where Robert asked the Park Service guy if the movie "National Treasure" was filmed here, after we tried to find the brick and clue that the main guy found in the movie. Yes, we're nerds.)






Us and Rocky
















My Favorite Picture

No comments: