Thursday, February 07, 2008

September

We went home to KY for a week around Labor Day. My brother was getting ready to leave for his second deployment, and we had also yet to meet our newest nephew Caleb.

Jarrod and I went to the opening game of the NFL season in Indianapolis. There was a street party and concert before the game and John Mellencamp sang ("Small Town") once we were in outside. They unveiled the SuperBowl banner and had the trophy there. Jarrod met Archie Manning (Peyton and Eli's dad) and had his picture taken with him on the street. But WHO took that picture you might ask? That's right, yours truly. So, essentially, I met Mr. Manning as well. Just not in the sense that I spoke with him, or shook his hand, or had my picture taken with him. In a different sense.

It was a great day. The football hoopla was good, but it was even better to spend all that time just me and Jarrod. He left for Iraq 2 weeks later.

Caleb is a charmer. He's very cute and smiles all the time. He mostly looks like his momma.

We had a great time and it was nice to be home. I believe that was the longest time span that we had been gone (December-September), but it was helped by the fact that most of Western KY slept in our living room over the summer.

No comments: