Monday, September 22, 2008

September (So Far)

1. On Labor Day we went to Crane Beach, about an hours drive from here. Of course we forgot the camera, but believe me, it was beautiful. It was crazy too, the water was so clear that you could see your feet when it was over 5 feet deep. The water was a dark blue color, so it didn't seem like it'd be clear at all. We had a great day together swimming in the 50 degree water, reading, and laying on the beach being lazy. We went to celebrate my last day of freedom before classes started.


2. I started grad school! It's insane, all kinds of reading, but I feel like I'm learning so that's good. I also have to remind myself on a daily basis that this is what I wanted and what I have been working towards for the past few years. I am blessed to be in this position. I seriously have to say that to myself every day.


3. Fenway Park! Man, that was exciting. I don't even really like baseball that much, but we thought that we can't be Bostonians and not go to a game. Ever since then, we've been hooked. It's been a very weird experience. All of the sudden I care about baseball. I never would have expected that to happen.





4. The Colts have lost. Twice. I am very distraught about this.

5. Still no good Mexican food to be found. We have tried 4 different places and struck out everytime. Why can't I just find some good 'ol Americanized Mexican food in this international city?!?! They don't even serve queso cheese in the restaurants. They put melted cheddar on everything. This, above all else, could be a deciding factor in my long-term residence plans.

6. I made a pot roast for the first time in my life. I'm not sure how I got through 5 years of marriage and avoided this. I think I saw a whole new level of love in Robert's eyes when he saw the end result.

2 comments:

Gina's Rambling's said...

WOW Rachel, a Pot roast, and baseball all in the same month?!?! I'm impressed girl! U are growing up on me, and I'm not liking it at all!!! Nah, just wanted to say love ya and miss ya both at the same time, but, I know it's God's plan for you two to be so far away for now and maybe eventually he'll bring everyone back to kentucky, including jerr and kerri.... well; be blessed and will chat with you soon! my schedule is too crazy right now... Love you!

ann said...

So, do you make a pot roast in a pot? I haven't made one. I like pot roast.

Make me one.